Friday, May 11, 2007

Shopping Bags They Weigh Down My Arms

I'm shopping for a job. A teaching job to be precise. An instructor position to take me further away from the policy world so that I may return one day enlightened and brimming with anecdotal evidence of classroom successes and failures, of student hardship and triumph. The usual prattle.

Story: A chief of staff for a member of the house of representatives happened to be talking me up to an influential leader of an educational policy organization. He also said I had been considering teaching, which is true, but I've been keen on finding a policy job for months. She said something to the effect of don't let him go teach--it'll ruin him. Chief of staff said well are you going to give him a job?

Of course not. So you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Really, I just want to help.

It's been an adventurous job shopping experience so far. There are a lot of choices out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page has been accessed at least several times since the counter was last reset, or at an average rate of at least several hits per day.