Thursday, June 07, 2007

Houston, Dallas... Charters? We have a problem.

High Schoolers cheat. They cheat their faces off in fact. I know this because I’ve given tests and I’ve substitute taught enough as the “cool-enough” young guy to get candid answers to ethical improprieties. Guess what, not only do high schoolers cheat, but school systems collude and cheat for them, at least that’s what a recent series of reports coming out of the Dallas Morning News shows. 50,000 high school cheaters on TAKS, or Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills. Third world news outlet or not, that’s a lot of cheating.

According to the study Houston, Dallas, and charters have the highest incidence of cheating. I can hear some of the union faithful now. Charters! I knew it was them! Even when it was the bears, I knew it was them.

-- Moe Szyslak, Adapted from "Much Apu About Nothing"

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page has been accessed at least several times since the counter was last reset, or at an average rate of at least several hits per day.